Female resin anchor in small size - say M5-M6

Anyone got any ideas how I could source or make an M5 ish sleeve to take a machine screw such that the sleeve could be set in a wall with resin mortar?
I need to mount a shower valve on a crappy celcon block wall. I would be happiest with a machine screw into something metal bonded into the block as the shower valve is bloody heavy (about 5kg heavy - it's machined out of a solid lump of cast brass or something).
There isn't enough room to put a nut on a stud and I'd barely trust a screw into a brick wall let alone block.
One thought is to drill and tap a thick brass rod, but as I'd have to then buy a metric tap set, I was wondering if something ready made existed?
Threaded spacers came to mind, but they tend to be chromed and I don't recall seeing as big as M5 ish.
Ta
Tim
Tim S wrote:

I know those. Dont panic..

The answer is actually simple. First of all a deep screw with the correct drill and the correct Rawlplug is actually adequate BUT if you don't trust me, then the next easiest thing is to make a big hole and wigghe t drill a bit so its not a cylinder, but conical, and fill the ruddy thing up with car body filler, which will bond to the block, and take woodscrews just fine after a pilot drill. Even bonding plaster is strong enough actually..
Or get some internally threaded tube, rough up the outside and stuff that in the filler before it sets.

The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

Interesting
Threaded tube might be a good option - I'll have a look and see if I can find some.
Cheers
Tim
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:47:19 +0100, Tim S wrote:

================================================ One of these, bonded deeply rather than screwed in might work:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/59937/Fixings/Furniture-Fixings/Insert-Nut-M6-Pack-of-50
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux

There are usually single taps for sale on Ebay. But Lidl had a set which included M5 for under a tenner - and they'd be fine for brass.
But wouldn't something like rawlbolts do the job?
--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

Interesting - ta.

Possibly - but I'm not sure as the celcon is so crushable.

They might still be available since it was only last week they were on offer. But it depends on the individual store.
--
*The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach *