fein multimaster

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

It's just another tool in the armoury; doesn't get used all that often but its capabilities are unique - yes that is always an over statement in that there is as ever more than one way to skin a cat, but time saving and effectiveness give it maximum points. Our kitchen tiling is a bespoke design (an experiment by a young tile maker) and unwisely the electrical fittings were recessed into cut- outs in the tiles and grouted in. The multitool was efficient and fast in cutting out the grout when one of the sockets failed. The fact that that particular cut-out was lacking tolerance and the new socket was 1mm wider was another headache - Lidls' dremel got it's first outing for that.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I can say that the build quality of my original model Fein is outstanding, more like metal-bodied power tools used to be like (although it's half and half), and has never lacked power under any kind of usage. Compared to the physical construction of Bosch pro tools (which the majority of my other kit is), I'd say it's a fair bit more robust.

The only shortcoming is the tool-holder bolt sometimes working loose, which obviously doesn't happen with the new tool-clamp they now use.

Of course the only real test is performing identical jobs with different brand tools, and/or testing the tools to destruction.

Reply to
dom

I have the Bosch cordless, and before that, the 240v version. Neither are as good as the Fein, which I tried in a tool shop. It just feels much better in the hand, and has far less vibration.

As a comparison, I also have a cheap detail sander, cost around £10. That is horrible to use compared to the Bosch, as it vibrates so much. The step up from the Bosch to Fein is not so great, but there is a definite difference. When mine is knackered, I will be getting the Fein.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

The only problem that I see with the Fein is the availability of accesories. The only place that seems to do them is Axminster but I by chance saw a local plumbers merchants stocking blades and would get anything else at short notice. I don't understand why they aren't more widespread. Even the great Simbles in Watford don't stock Fein.

Reply to
Zen83237

Two sources within a mile or so. :-)

Axminster & Isaac Lord.

Now just need a source of justification for buying one. :-)

Reply to
Rod