Faulty Thermostatic radiator valve

The ball valve washing machine supply shuts off catastrophic-rate leaks but still drips fast enough to give a goodly puddle overnight. Now have a Pegler ball valve to try. At least it closes the valve with still a little way to go, so the overlap should help the seal.

Reply to
PeterC

Thank you for all of the advice. I'll think it over, but most likely call in a plumber. Peter

Reply to
Peter James

The last one I fixed that had no heating it was a broken lock shield valve and not the TRV.

Reply to
ARW

I took my courage in both hands and hit it with a hammer 8 or 9 times, and lo and behold it worked and the radiator warmed up. So thanks to you all, and also thanks to the Christmas Fariy. Peter

Reply to
Peter James