Faulty Quooker

The railways seemed to manage it ok for about 150 years!

Reply to
Roger Mills

An undersink electric water heater will do the job cheaper, more reliably and safer than these stupid devices. If you have solar panels at less cost fuelwise too. As it gets older, it will become a pain in the arse. Esp. in hard water areas.

But some gullible people are taken in by stupid TV adverts.

There is actually little waste from long hot water pipes. Only the heat from a bit of water in the pipe is lost. Unlike where hot water is constantly circulating. The drawback is having to wait for the hot water to appear in badly designed systems.

Nul points for research.

Reply to
harry

Clearly you are one of the dopey ones. There are numerous safety devices on steam boilers and regular tests and maintenance. Even so, there have been major accidents in the past. They were got rid of partly for this reason.

Why do you babble on about things you have no knowledge about?

Reply to
harry

And only an idiot would think the issues are ?complex?.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

What d'ye think a Quooker tap is, eh?

We have a water softener.

What adverts?

Oh, doesn't speaking to people who actually own one count?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I have a quooker in our house in the uk. When it works, it’s great. But have so far had 2 maintenance call outs over 4 years, costing half the purchase price. So it is expensive to use vs an electric kettle

A what, I know we get nonsensical posts from Home iddiots club but.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It's one of those taps that have under sink instant boiling water, chilled water, sparkling water capabilities and all delivered from the same tap spout. The cost from £1100 upwards. Top models plus extras would leave you little change from £3000.

The poster is asking the question about which is cheaper - a £12 kettle taking 3KW to boil the water or a £2000 tap taking 3kW to boil the same amount or water.

Reply to
alan_m

never had a faulty cooker

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Well the one you had put in may have all that, ours just has boiling water and cost a lot less than your £1100. Did ye get it from Horrids or somewhere?

Four years in service now with no issues.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Who cares? How much is your saved time worth? In hard water areas you have the added bother of an annual de-scale but well within the competence of this group.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The prices are on their web site.

alan_m