Faulty Belling Cookcenter (132)

Hi,

I, sorry my wife was using the electric fan oven the other day and heard a load crack and the electric tripped for the cooker, at the fuse board. I re set the electric and everything is working, but not correctly. The oven light and fan come on and the only way to turn them off is to set the timer to auto. If you set the timer to manual the fan and light come back on. As for the element, this works ok. You can turn it on / off as normal, and it heats up. I would be grateful for any suggestions if anyone has seen this problem before. Thanks

Reply to
Cyberdog

Hi Cyber, it sounds as though your heating element has shorted to earth and welded the control switch contacts, not a very common event, but I have seen it happen many times. Switch off the cooker at the mains and remove the cover of the element you can usually see where a hole has burned in the outer protective skin, usually accompanied by white insualtion residue

H.T.H

Ian Tilley

Reply to
Shrek-the-Ogre

If the on/off switch wont switch off, then the on/off switch is faulty. As said, check element too.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The on/off switch will turn the element on and off, but not the light and fan. The element heats up as normal.

Reply to
Cyberdog

The temperature switch is different from the power switch, depending on the model, it can be attached to the oven switch or separate, either way it is clearly the switch contacts that have welded. You would still do well to check the element, even though it is working as this is a common point of failure.

Ian Tilley

Reply to
Shrek-the-Ogre

I rang a repair engineer who said much the same as you. That it sounds like the thermostat has gone faulty. He is coming out tomorrow, as I can`t see anything obvious.

Reply to
Cyberdog