Soil-pipe vent

A neighbour has just extended their soil pipe upwards so that the opening is now about 5ft higher than it was. Will this be because of a building regulation or just a choice - I must admit I had earlier thought that the top of the pipe being level with any open windows may have caused a problem ;-)

Reply to
me

Many good choices are also building regulations.

My soil pipe exits through a vent above an opening window..so far its not been a problem..well it was at one point before we gave it a downward tilt..condensate was running back down into the wall and dripping into it...but that's another story.

Now with an inverted U bend in it, it either drips outside, or back into the drains..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Could be both! There is certainly a building regulation that stipulates the vent pipe must be at least 900mm higher than any opening windows.

See section 1.31:

John Rumm