Father in law and DIY...

I decided to catch up on some long overdue DIY jobs over Christmas.

The windows needed some sealant applied and smoothed off.

Part way through the job, I needed something to clean with.

So I walk to the downstairs toilet with my sealant smoothing stick in my hand.

I bump Can I just nip in and grab some toilet paper as I need to wipe the white stuff off the end of my tool....

Cue a very dirty laugh from father in law!

Reply to
stephenten

Why did you use such a strained expression?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The words contrived and over flashed through my brain.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Because father in law is clueless about all the different tools and different materials used in DIY!

So it was easier to say tool and white stuff than sealant and smoothing tool as the latter would have been tumbleweed!

Reply to
stephenten

Well it is Panto season. Many double meaning bits in the scripts of those.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff