Fantastic drop in domestic heating cost!

Finally fell below 40p a litre last week. Cheapest since February. Gone up since. Good job I bought some!

MM

Reply to
MM

Of course. I bought a kilolitre, so it was bound to get cheaper.

:o(

Reply to
Huge

Good for you.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Only a kilolitre? I'll be looking for 2 kilolitres but not quite yet. Having said that I'm going to keep a close eye on the crude prices and if they start to climb back up (as OPEC want) may well buy an interim kilolitre.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Bear in mind that the pound is dropping nearly as fast as oil prices.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, it was effing expensive. And that lasts us most of a year.

I might gets toppers up, ditto.

Reply to
Huge

Today it's fallen even further, even though Opec has agreed to cut production.

MM

Reply to
MM

One site I have been monitoring is:

's German, but look at the little arrows on the right. Today they're mostly pointing down or are neither up nor down. I have found this site a pretty fair indicator, even though the actual price per litre may be slightly different in Germany. Also check out

MM

Reply to
MM

Yeah, at the rate it's falling it may soon be cheaper than I paid in

2006 (32p a litre). I celebrated yesterday by having a really long, hot bath! Bliss!

MM

Reply to
MM

MM coughed up some electrons that declared:

You haven't had a bath since 2006?

I'll get me coat...

Reply to
Tim S

Could be even better still. The Times reports today that oil could be heading for $50 a barrel by December, lowest since March 2007. Watch those trends! It's seat of the pants time! It's a nuisance that domestic heating oil fluctuates so wildly in price, literally from day to day, whereas filling stations (petrol, diesel) are much more constant.

MM

Reply to
MM

OPEC are already cutting production so oil/petrol/diesel etc will soon be going up again.

Reply to
John

That was their plan, but the market price went down on the news of their volume cut.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's because they are over 50% tax. That never varies.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's because worldwide consumption has fallen below output. And will drop further as the 400 year Depression and reversion to the Dark Ages sets in. ;-)

Realistically OPEC will cut as much as it needs to to stabilise between $75 and $100 a barrel. If a dollar is worth more than a empty promise to wipe your arse on, by then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher