Fan assisted radiator

running

using

commercial

stating

Thanks Pete - message posted (what a confusing set up they have!)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hmm, If you need a 40°C return temp then you're going to struggle with a fan cooled solution.

Might be better to have a heat exchanger as above frozen in ice. 17kW for 15mins is roughly 4.5 kWh. One kWh will melt just over 10kg of ice, so about 50L of ice is needed.

A small 100L chest freezer will hold this easily, should be fairly easy to get one second hand or from freecycle.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Good point, hadn't thought of that. It may take 45psi if you find one without the plastic headers. Otherwise, one with AC would have the condenser coil fitted to the rad &that would take 45 psi.

Otherwise scrap AC equipment coil, no idea where you'd find one. Maybe a heat exchanger from a domestic boiler.

Reply to
Aidan

Try E-bay A few like this should suffice.

a local scrappy who has a few combi boilers he'll allow you to strip?

Reply to
Aidan

Ah where you the guy looking to sound proof a 100kW genny not so long ago?

I think your best bet is a large fast recovery hot water cylinder, the coil should take the pressure. Then you can add low pressure secondary cooling, which I think you'll need to maintain the 40C max return temp...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

semiconductor

secondary

snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com

Dave,

I confess - that was me. Soundproofing now installed and managed to reduce racket by 15dB to a loud irritating noise like a lorry on fast tickover - not suprising really as it is a lorry engine on fast tickover Ended up removing the entire casing (130 Kgs) which involved building a tower crane at the bottom of the garden much to the amusement of neighbours, and replacing the bottom 3 1/2" of it due to the dreaded rust worm. (It's circa 1976 but only done 350 hours!) Lined it internally with 32 mm of 3 layer sound insulation intended for ships engine rooms

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson