False Alarm on Dual Tech Passive

Hi all
A couple of years ago I had a number of false alarms from an entrance hall passive. On group recommendation, I replaced this with a dual-tech version. This morning, at 03:53 :( the same passive caused a false alarm. So the question is: How good are these d-t passives? Are they still suceptible to false alarms or does this indicated a failing panel?
TIA
Phil
[uk.tech.electronic-security copied]

Lightning? That's what was going on round here at that time (and still is).

What type is it? I have had trouble with the anti-masking protection on Focus Dual-Tech's and changed most of them out. It actually generates a tamper alarm in that particular model, but it depends on the model, how you have them connected up and on the panel, just how that presents.
--
Andrew Gabriel

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote

Didn't see any and I was up long enough to dig out the panel instructions to find the triggered device:(.

Can't remember unfortunately.

Each passive connects to a separate zone, so shouldn't be influenced by other sensors.
Thanks
Phil