Alarm Panel - Is interference Likely?

Hi all

Just read a post on nuisance alarm tripping which made me a little concerned! I am having a central heating re-furb done and the base units for the RF room stats are in the airing cupboard, as is the alarm panel. The alarm is hard wired, not wireless type.

Am I likely to get false alarms caused by the heating stats? If so, how can these be prevented, short of moving the panel?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

In article , TheScullster writes

Very unlikely, the output power of licence exempt transmitters is very low.

Reply to
fred

"fred" wrote

Thanks Fred, thought I'd dropped a serious one there for a minute!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

You'd need extremely high RF fields to interfere with a hard wired alarm panel. It's not impossible but unlikely.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We have a similar setup - Honeywell CM67 system. No problems (so far!). They are right next to each other.

Reply to
hzatph

In a word, no.

The RF levels used are miniscule, and anyway the base units are receivers, not transmitters.

Reply to
Nick2