Extractor fan isolator switch.

I have an extractor fan isolator switch on the outside wall(hallway) o

my bathroom. The fan comes on when the light is turned on. Now I woul like to put in a razor socket(for an electric tooth brush) in m bathroom. Does anyone know if I can wire a cable from the isolato switch through the loft down the inside of the wall and connect th other end to the razor socket that I would put into the wall. I kno I've written this in a very basic way and the job itself would be mor difficult but I'm new to diy so you'll have to fogive me. Any ideas and tips would be very much appreciated. Cheer

-- Laurie

Reply to
Laurie

That sounds fine. The shaver socket must be of the larger type including an isolating transformer (which gives 120V and 240V output). It must not be in Zones 0, 1, or 2, i.e. it must be at least 0.6m horizontally from the edge of a bath or shower. I would also suggest at least 0.6m from a basin tap. You should earth-bond the supply earth to the rest of the bathroom's supplementary bonding, and bring that up to current standards if it isn't already.

You should also pay your local building control to come and inspect the installation. However, since I have recently seen such an installation approved by building control which has a shaver socket without an isolating transformer (which is not allowed in a bath/shower room), you may or may not decide that level of bureaucracy is simply a waste of money.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel