External gas pipe?

Hi

Can I check something with the gas fitting experts on here?

My mother has just had gas central heating put in. The meter is fitted in a box just outside the front door. To get around an awkward routing inside, the fitter has taken "her side" of the supply up the outside wall of the house and into the upstairs floor joists through the wall.

The pipe is 22mm copper with a kind a braid cover.

Something tells me this isn't right...

- should it be outside on the consumer side of the meter?

- is copper with braid OK, or should it be galvanised steel pipe with screw fittings?

- any other tips?

thanks Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

Not the first time it's been questioned and although it doesn't 'feel' right it is in principle OK (and when you start looking around you'll see many installations with copper pipe running up and along the outside of buildings).

Not sure what you mean by braid but a common protection for copper pipe where it's vulnerable to corrosion is a grease-impregnated cloth tape - could that be it?

Reply to
John Stumbles