Extension Cost

Dear All,

I'm really hoping someone can help. I need a guestimate for an extension i wish to have done. I am currently located in Wightwick, a small town on the outskirts of Wolverhampton.

The property is currently a 4 bedroom detached house. I wish to extend across the widhth of the rear of the property. Essentially extending the size of the kitchen and lounge. The extension measurements are:

10.5 metres * 3.5 metres (lounge and kitchen extension with pitched roof) 4 metres * 3 metres (utility sitting on end of kitchen)

I need a ball park figure before embarking on this project.

Thanks in advance to any replies...

Reply to
aka_k

Factor between £1000 and £2000 per square meter of extension, from "shell only" at one end of the scale and "ready to use" at the other end.

This will give you a rough idea, exact cost depends on many factors.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Wightwick, a

Reply to
kp530

I am in leicestershire and have just been quoted slightly over £1500 per square metre finished but this a convoluted 2 storey job with walls being removed from the original structure and a complete new CH system. Bearing this in mind I would think you should be looking at £1000 ish per metre for a simple 1 storey extension.

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

The Homebuilding & renovating magazine build cost tables say upto a grand a square metre for a newbuild finished at this size, so add a few grand for the messing that the extenion will create and you are ball park.

((10.5*3.5)+5)*VAT = 50 grand

The same tables would get you at least a third off if you were doing the project managment, and some work yourself, and finishing to a lower standard.

Rick

Reply to
Rick