Extending Driveway

I'm extending my driveway to gain a couple of additional parking spaces but need some clarification on bed thicknesses etc. The current drive is crazy paved but the 5m x 5m extension is just going to be concrete (at least for the immediate future) It's only going to be used for parking a Spitfire or Yaris, both light cars so questions are

  1. Do I really need to put down a hardcore layer

  1. If I do what depth does it need to be

  2. What depth concrete do I need and what mix

I have has a look at Cormaic's site, but as this is going to be a very lightly used area of drive I thought something a little less industrial might be adequate ?

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim

There is no answer to this unless it is known what is there now, loose soil then yes, turf then no (although the turf will have to be removed)

How long is it expected to be there for? - three inches will last for a decade or two without breaking up.

4 stone 2 sand 1 cement

Will hold up the houses of parliament.

For a 5m by 5m patch, I would order two cubic metres of ready mixed and put it about 3 inches thick, it will last 20 years+

Reply to
Phil L

might help.

Reply to