Extended Over Voltage

I am seeing this message reported by a UPS. Can this be down to anything other than the supply from the grid?

In other words, can other items connected to the installatioin or on the same internal circuit as the UPS influence the supply voltage and cause these messages to be generated?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Unlikely. Can you get a voltage reading from the UPS? Can you measure the mains volts yourself? Do they agree within a volt or two? The upper limit is 253 V but if your voltage is in the upper 240's or above I'd be thinking about reporting it to the DNO(*). They normally respond very quickly to such reports.

(*) The company that maintains the infrastructure in your area, which may or may not be the company you buy electricity from.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks Dave

If the APC UPS software is to be believed, over 95% of the last 24 hours shows input line voltage over 245 volts. Of that, approx 3 hours (between midnight and six am) was over 250 volts peaking at 252.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster