Extended height kitchen cabinet legs

I have a need to install some kitchen base cabinets at a higher than normal 940mm to the top of a 40mm worktop rather than the normal 910mm.

This means using cab legs with a 180mm nominal height rather than the regular 150mm, ideally with a 190 or 200mm maximum height adjustment.

I seem to recall someone here quoting a source for same some time ago but this is providing elusive, any ideas?

I'd rather do it this way than add spacers to the bottom of existing legs and plain plastic, rather then fancy chrome, items.

Reply to
fred

I bought some kitchen legs from Ikea to allow one of their cabinets to clear the skirting board in an alcove. Longer than usual but chrome alas :-(

Reply to
stuart noble

We have some square section 'brushed aluminium' legs from Ikea that are longer than normal.

Why not screw some battens to the underneath of the cabinets and then screw the standard legs to the battens? Or do you need to keep the legs visible to the user?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

That's not an option I had considered but it should work, thank you.

I am not doing the final install so had been considering the more foolproof options, screwing through 30mm into 18mm being potentially more problematic than running a short screw through a light plastic moulding into same.

I have now found extended length legs made by Hafele and available at reasonable cost from daro.com .

There's good data available on the Hafele website:

and searching for the part numbers led me to daro:

or

fred

Yes, spotted those but more pricey than I'd like for the 30 or so reqd. Cheapie plastic now found in 180mm by Hafele (see my other reply) but thanks for the pointer.

Reply to
fred