"Exploding" washing machine

Are you saying the heater element moved into the drums path?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Give the man a plantpot.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Indeed.

Reply to
Calvin Sambrook

This happened to me yesterday. The 3 year old machine was on spin and an almighty smash had me running in to see what had happened. I was a state of shock!!! The glass had just shattered out all over my utility floor. I have four children and my 5 week old great nephew was visiting literally 10 minutes later. I grabbed my phone and videoed the machine still spinning round and you can see sparks flying. Next I phoned Zanussi straight away where the customer service lady said that this does not happen unless a foreign object was in the machine. I told her there was not but refused to empty it until one of their representatives came to my house to do this with me. Result engineer coming tomorrow. If anyone is interested I will keep you posted!!!!!!!

url:

Alyson Hall

Please do.

My bet is on a foreign body inside the drum. Either in with the washing, or else an agitator paddle has come off inside.

I'm surprised it was still capable of fast spinning afterwards though.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

But how would anything be able to reach the glass when it was on fast spin? Sounds like whatever retains the glass has come adrift or perhaps something very hard like a stone has somehow been spun against it and sawn it out? Weird!

Spamlet