Flymo Pilot L47 Starting problem

This mower has been working fine. Now it will start , but stops running after about 20 seconds. trying to restart straight away will not succeed. If you leave it for 10 minutes or so you can repeat the cycle. The spark plug is fine, the electrics are now fine (spade connecter was falling apart)

Any ideas?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Blocked fuel and/or air filter(s)?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Air filter is fine - there does not appear to be a fuel filter - tank emptied and filled with clean

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I don't know that particular engine but on my B&S there is a fine mesh basket that fits around the pickup tube descending from the carburettor into the tank. The carb and tank come off as a single unit and the tank is bolted to the carb.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Blocked vent to fuel tank?

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Turned out to be a not very well adjusted variable throttle setting (which is not used on this model!!!!)

I now know a lot more about 2 strokes than I did 3 hours ago, not that there is much to know :-)

Alex

Reply to
Alex

fuel blockage. once up to speed cant fill the float chamber fats enough.

Depending on what sort of engine it is, might be a klunk buggered, dirt in the carb or fuel line..

Clean it and fit a fuel filter. At least when those block you know where the problem is :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher