Energy switching: Hidden charge

Until a couple of years ago I'd never switched.

Now I've done a couple and it seems that both companies charge the daily rate for the day of the switch even though there will not have been any consumption charge for the company being left.

I've just received my final 27p bill for a switch carried out on 16 June! Well the new one started on 16th, but the old one has charged for that day too.

OK it's small but surely wrong nonetheless?

Reply to
AnthonyL

My experience is the opposite - old company meter charge up to day before switch, and new company day after - 1 free day of meter charge! Must depend on the pairing of switched energy suppliers with different policies.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

It might depend on the companies charging policies. Maybe they could either charge the first day but not the last day, or vice versa. Maybe I should check my bills more closely. There should be a government standard procedure.

Reply to
Michael Chare