Energy prices to rise?

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.

Reply to
newshound

Does it actually need stating that if the pound falls in value significantly, the price of most imports will go up?

But it probably does. To BEXITEERS. Who don't seem to understand imports and exports.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

content-top

Yes, it's all those wind farm subsidies.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not that I am a Brexiter, but I did wonder whether the falling pound encouraged the Nissan investment decision, since this should counteract any likely tariff.

Reply to
newshound

Fuck all of British energy supplied by them uses imported fuel.

Reply to
Plowcunt fucker

Looks that way. Will go down well on any future trade negotiations with the EU - unfair subsides?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Judging by several radio and tv documentaries recently, the government needs to actually allow renewable the same terms as Nuclear has been given or nobody is going to invest in tidal schemes or any new ventures or even storage development. One cannot surely have one law for one and another for the rest. It will end in undercapacity and we will miss our carbon reduction targets by miles and have to buy in expensive power from what will be, by then outside of our borders ie the eu.

There seems to be a lot of fuzzy thinking going on in the energy department. yes it is going to cost more as this subsidy will in the end, end but really, in order to keep energy security, we now have to build more tidal and other renewable systems, as often they can bebrought on line faster than Nuclear or most other carbon generating gas systems. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

WEll that is a desirable outcome. Investment in tidal/renewable/batty pixie dust storage is a waste of our money.

Renwable already gets MOTE than nuclear does.

All the government has to do is get the hell out of the industry, or at least stop wasting money on subsisdising lost causes.

You can say that again.

No, we should not build a single renewable energy system ever again, with public money.

20 nuclear power stations, maybe.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , Brian Gaff writes

Good

Build our own nukes then we can sell to them

Has been for the last 40 years or more.

Build nukes

Don't judge every nuke scheme by Hinkley.

Reply to
bert

But Brian, Nuclear helps hit our carbon reduction targets. And it works on a cold dark windless night...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It also works at high and low tides