Energy costs

So, according to you, the only way to invest is to buy things.

Riiight.

Well, prioritise. You seem to have typed a f*ck of a lot without even bothering to read it back. The fact you don't appear to have even been thinking about it whilst you typed it comes through as clear as day.

Reply to
Adrian

Well, THEY can go and argue with the Revenue, too.

Oh, wait a sec.

Reply to
Adrian

makes-profit-so-what

It's lower than Tesco.

And so is the actual profit in £s, too.

Reply to
Adrian

And with employers refusing to pay people to work....

JGH

Reply to
jgh

What's UK money ? Is this from the tax payer or some other source ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Tax payer. Better than subsidies for windmills and FIT payments.

Reply to
Mark

Better than foreign money, obviously.

Reply to
Adrian

Please will you guys realise that you look very stupid when you exchange turnover for profit and DO NOT EVEN NOTICE.

Any fool can get 73% in turnover if they forget about selling at a profit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh dear. a website that confirms what I am saying, that you only get full year one tax relief on investmemts in EXCEPTIONAL circumstances.

Did you actually think everyone was so stupid they wouldn't actually check the site?

"FYA of 100 per cent are currently available for expenditure on:

- certain energy-saving and water efficient equipment, but only if the item appears on a specific list of qualifying equipment (these are known as 'Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECA)') - new cars with very low carbon dioxide emissions - certain vehicle gas refuelling equipment - zero emission goods vehicles"

NO sign of nuclear power stations, gas storage plants,. gas powerstations or even windmills in there are there?

If I were you I'd stop digging.....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What a surprise. TFP snips the evidence and pretends he didn't say "There is no immediate tax relief on investment".

The stupid one is the clueless one who has been pontificating in his usual arrogant fashion on a subject he knows very little about.

You said: "There is no immediate tax relief on investment". You should check your facts before going public if you want the rest of us to take what you say on trust.

Why? It is you who posted a false statement, not me.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

I never noticed any shortages. People were better off than in most SA countries. Except maybe Chile.

Reply to
harryagain

Probably not as they are the pensioners that saved some for when they retired. The ones on state pension wont have a fund as they are paid out of taxation.

Reply to
dennis

I expect Tesco account for a bigger slice of expenditure than the energy companies so their higher profit margin is "ripping" people off more than the energy companies. Why aren't there more protests about that?

Reply to
dennis

...and completely ignores the fact I pointed out the opposite would be equally bollocks.

Reply to
Adrian

And any fool can easily get a 73% increase in profit from a poor year.

Last year, I made £1 profit.

This year, I improved that 73%!

Pity it was on £10m turnover.

Reply to
Adrian

With Germany and Denmark in the top three, surprise surprise.

Reply to
newshound

Don't forget that after being chairman of the CBI he was a *Labour* minister.

The tone was "more in sorrow than in anger".

Reply to
newshound

We knew what he meant... it was fairly obvious from the context.

Reply to
John Rumm

Because it's not a political issue to the same extent. Also anyone with half a brain can grow a lot of their own veg. Even meat if sufficiently motivated.

Reply to
harryagain

Odd. I thought food poverty, food price inflation and food banks were the issue du jour the other week.

In a window box in a flat? Impressive.

Reply to
Adrian