Emulsion over Gloss - Advice Valued

Hello,
Renovating a shop premises...former butcher shop...gloss ceiling...
Apart from sugar soap washing...any thoughts on getting emulsion to stick reliably ?
Was thinking a roller coat of perhaps 2 to 1 pva...to avoid sanding it....volunteer community project..short on help
All thoughts valued...(except for the ones which say "never volunteeer" !)
David Gilliland

Probably the simplest way is to just keep coating it. Although each coat shrinks back, what remains does stick IME, if the gloss is clean, and after several coats you get full cover. Sanding it is more work. PVA only helps emulsion to not stick.
NT
On 23/11/2011 11:46, NT wrote:

I would be inclined to get a flat pad on a pole, stick some sandpaper on it and give a quick rub over. I know you dont want to sand but maybe a quick 10 mins on this may save extra work later on if the paint doesnt stick.
gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

As others have reccomended .. this is the way to go http://www.belmoretools.com/acatalog/RST_Soft_Touch_Pole_Sander_Wooden_Handle.html
everywhere sells them
Mike P the 1st
On 23/11/2011 09:40, gilli wrote:

Leave the PVA out of it.
You need a primer for gripping on difficult surfaces. Dulux and others make it, here is the example from Crown http://www.crowntrade.co.uk/Products/PrimersandPreparation/Pages/GripExtremeFastDryingPrimer.aspx
Cheers C.