Eletric Boilers

I've given up my quest for a cheap gas/installation of a boiler and am going to get an electric one - Are they eay to fit? I've been looking at 12Kw ones from Heatrae and Trianco?

Thanks ;)

Daz

Reply to
daz

I installed one a few years ago and it was very easy to fit.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

Yes, but they're expensive to run. You might also need an uprated electrical supply. Might be signifcantly cheaper to look at an off-peak storage system, if you really have to go electric.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You mean you a) have gas but can't get a boiler + installation cheaply, or b) you don't have gas and can't get it installed cheaply?

If (a) I suggest finding out how much it would cost to heat it with (i) peak-rate electricity (ii) off-peak electricity (iii) gas, and factor that into your choice of heating system

If (b) I guess you need to draught-proof and insulate all you can and then some, and then go for an electric system. I'd consider off-peak with a thermal store and radiators (or underfloor heating) rather than peak-rate or storage heaters.

Reply to
john.stumbles