Electricity in Bathrooms

Nobendedness is subjective. Check your own equipment.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

How many actually use the bewildering variety of programmes? Luckily, mine switches on at the last used one, so all I have to do it press start.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No-one. The manufacturers include them because it's simple to do in software (unlike electromechanical controllers) and means they can compete in "feature one-upmanship" in rubbish like "Which".

Reply to
Huge

Yes they do. You might be washing something that needs a slow spin or it gets stretched. Or you might want different temperatures depending how dirty the clothes are or how delicate they are. But this should be done in a simple manner. A dial for temperature and a dial for spin speed.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Fortunately (if that's the right word under the circumstances...) it was at night so the curtains were closed! And as for cleaning by hand, yuk! My grandson had eaten pizza and had drunk Ribena for his supper, so "technicolor yawn" really did apply in this case! Anyway, while the trousers were washing, I had to clean some very unpleasant material from the inside of my slippers and then help my wife clean the settee and carpet.

Maybe I should have considered a Hazmat suit for the next babysitting episode. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I feel the same if my cat is sick on teh carpet, but I;ve yet to find out how to get my carpet into teh washing machine and there;s no special cycle to select for carpets anyway ! (from another thread)

A turner prize or just plain old DIY ?

So yuo didn't suffer the yuk adn put these items in teh washing machine ?

Nah say you haven't had a CRB check done, so while you;d love to baby sit you wouldn't want them to get in trouble for lettign someone unchecked looking after young kids. You could start doing jimmy saville impressions too. ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

When it dries it hoovers up. Also, yell at the cat when you hear it puking. Mine has now learnt to puke outside.

I have never seen a washing machine which can handle a sofa. Mine will wash a sleeping bag, that's about it.

It's high time society stopped treating kids with cotton wool.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword