electricity demand is peaking...at 60GW

North of France around the Lens area theres lots hence the bloody great slag piles there;!...

;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , The Natural Philosopher writes

Sorry, yes, I did mean total capacity, but thanks for posting the info on nuke capacity - interesting reading.

Wonder what the Germans will do with their old nuke stations? Is it feasible to dismantle them and sell 'em to be rebuilt elsewhere?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Yes he probably did

EdF owned:

Dungeness B - 1040 Hartlepool - 1190 Heysham 1 - 1160 Heysham 2 - 1210 Hinkley Point B - 870 Hunterston B - 890 Szewell B - 1191 Torness - 1205

Magnox:

Oldbury 217 MW (last half due to be closed sometime this month) Wylfa 980 MW (half to close in April this year)

Grand Total 9953 MW

Total after April 2012 9246 MW

Max declared on bmreports 8898 MW in week 33 of 2012

Max declared next 14 days 8716 MW Min declared next 14 days 8119 MW

It wouldn't affect us. It would be operated in the exact same manner as the existing one, only surplus is permitted to be exported. The transfer level to ensure system stability is calculated three days ahead, the surplus capacity is auctioned the day ahead and the Grid System Operator can pull the plug instantly if conditions demand it.

I would hope we do have them offline, although you might see them around the early evening today or tomorrow.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Normal practice is mithball for a cople of decades, then take to pieces carefully and deal with te strange elements you findin te housings.

Fuel rods come ot pretty quickly.

Arguably just mashing the things down inside an airproof tent, and covering with concrete after filtering the air is good enough.

BUT Public Perception bah blah.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No. Or rather, not any part of the containment or primary cooling loop. It will all be too radioactive to be safely handled in such a way that it could be rebuilt.

Reply to
Huge

Perhaps now is a good time for the PM to twist German and French arms on the common Market cr*p, but no doubt he will not. I think that his "anti" attitude is purely spin for us peasants.

Reply to
Moonraker

It's easy. In April 1986 the Russians dismantled one 100km from Kiev and shipped it by air...

Reply to
The Other Mike

En el artículo , The Other Mike escribió:

In lots and lots of small pieces?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Yep.

Reply to
Huge

Yes, It was the cheapest way

Reply to
The Other Mike

Self powered too.

No carbon dioxide was released in the transportation of these valuable resources.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I expect so, and I can guess which one. But if I told you I would have to shoot you.....

:-)

Reply to
Newshound

Don't know how reliable this source is:

Andy Champ

Have you thought about a facility for zooming in on graphs with e.g. a double mouse click, and spot values by hovering over a point on a graph?

Reply to
geoff

Or the ability to double-click a graph to bring up a full screen copy?

Even if the spot values aren't easy to provide retrospectively, it would be much easier to interpret values ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

I have no desire to burden the speed with loads of fancy Javashite..

That IS the full screen copy. Already. That's as big as they are.

They are.

In fact that is what I will do fairly soon: provide the whole dataset as a downloadable CSV so people can do whatever they like with it.

it would

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh, in 3D as a kind of virtual world please, like all good Unix systems (sorry, I watched Jurassic Park with the kids the other day ;)

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson