Electrical sleeving

I need to order up some sleeving to mark earths and 3-way switching. Can anyone tell me what a suitable diameter is for 1.5mm and 2.5mm cable?

Reply to
Jim

3mm will do for both.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thank you!

Reply to
Jim

This should amuse you Dave. I called at an electrical wholesalers this morning and asked for 100m of blue sleeving. "We don't stock it" was the reply "Why not" I asked "No demand for it" was the final reply.

This is the same wholesalers that has got fifty 3kW heaters piled up in the doorway on special offer-:)

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

When I needed a little sleeving I brought a small amount of heatshrink as it worked out cheaper than buying a reel of Earth sleeving. I also stripped some earth insulation off some mains cable and used that before. Althouhg I'm not sure if it's legall to do either as part of an instulation.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Sleeving that's more expensive than heatshrink tubing? You're buying from the wrong places ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Even B&Q sells small amounts of sleeving cheaper than heatshrink...

But was it green/yellow?

Green/yellow from flex would be fine if it fits. Although it's an expensive way of getting sleeving.

The thing about buying a hunk of sleeving at a wholesalers is that it will last even a busy DIYer a lifetime. Or until the next colour change...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)