Electrical question: stripping ends / crushing wires in terminals

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You get so used to it that the inner insulation comes off easily without damaging the conductor.

Once you get used to a pair of snips you get used to their balance and cutting forces.

I was more upset when I had to say goodbye to my last pair of Knippex side cutters than I was the day my wife left me.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I know how you feel. I would hate to be parted with my 40 year old Lindstrom side cutters.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Other thing is to use the side cutters so the flat face of the jaws is towards the cable end. They are less likely to 'dig in' then.

Yes - to use this method you have to have the 'feel' of the cutters.

However, for the inexperience, strippers of the type that are sized for each cable size, so they only cut into the insulation, are probably the safest. Snag is decent easy to use ones ain't cheap. Cheap ones do the job but are harder work.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)