Electric Underfloor Heating

Am installing a porcelain tiled floor - onto an existing concrete subfloor. I have decided (after reading the thousands of messages on the subject!) to install electric underfloor heating mats (on top of insulation boards). I am well aware of the economics/advantages/disadvantages particularly in comparison with water systems. It is a playroom with central heating and the idea is only to take the edge off the cold tiles.

There are so many different products/suppliers - Devi, WarmUp, SpeedHeat, Wickes etc etc. Does anyone have comments on good/bad experiences with individual products?

I am intrigued by a product from Rayotec which appears to use cable much closer together thereby making the product thinner, and able to operate at a lower temperature. Any experience of this?

Reply to
mjb

Fit laminate flooring then as it costs nothing to run.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We did exactly this (porcelain tiles over electric UFH over concrete), and for exactly the same reason (to take the edge off the tiles). We used Thermoflex mat from

Very hapy with the result. No tips really - just use a good adhesive, and go for it.

Reply to
Grunff

We installed electric underfloor heating under the tiles in a kitchen. I think it was a Warmfloor kit that we used, which is a resistance wire rather than a mat. This makes it much easier to install if the floor is an irregular shape, as well as easy to cement the tiles over. It went in a couple of years ago and works perfectly.

Reply to
Steve Firth