Electric Shower

Hi All, A friend is looking for a good reliable shower in the 9.5Kw + range, can anyone recommend a good make and model?

MBS

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

I've found Redring to be good and the service dept. is helpful.

I try to go for non-electronic models as I've found those to be a bit unreliable.

Reply to
PeterC

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:03:09 +0100, PeterC had this to say:

I think I would agree - I had a Redring shower for about 15 years and it never let me down. It was only 7kW though and pretty useless during the winter (in these Northern climes!), so I eventually replaced it with a mixer shower working off the combi, but it had plodded on - the only problem I ever had was with a faulty isolator pull-switch, which was nothing to do with the actual shower unit itself.

TBH, I'm always a bit wary of (consumer, anyway) power electronics - it always seems to be gimmicky.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

oops - I meant that the electronic ones are dodgey! A couple of Gainsboroughs with fancy PCBs controlling about 5 or 6 heaters wrecked boards about every 14 months - warranty 12 months. I fitted LP, non-electronic models and they lasted. BTW, the PCBs were £120 ea. in '92!

Reply to
PeterC