Electric Oven

Are there any under work top, built in electric ovens available from mainstream manufacturers, that can be fed from a normal 13Amp socket?

It is for use in France where there is a 15 amp trip on the supply. If EDF increase this they charge an arm and a leg extra standing charge.

Reply to
Robert Bashford

I would have thought most single ovens are 13amp plug fed - my last 2 were

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Yes, most of them nowadays.

At least for some units, the same models are available in France too. Actually, my father bought a Smeg built-in oven in France as it was cheaper than the same model in the UK. (He was driving over anyway, might not have been worth a special visit.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Almost all of them.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes. Probably most. The clue is the fitted lead and 13 amp plug. If it doesn't have this it will require its own radial circuit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most of them will, as others have said. We have two here.

What kW rating have you got? Whilst the cooker wouldn't trip the system if used on its own, you might find that you have to turn some other things off when you are cooking, or refrain was using the washing machine or whatever. I know a number of people who have to juggle like this. I do too actually, but in my case it's because atm all the power to the house comes off one phase of a 3 phase supply, which causes an inbalance.

-- Holly, in France. Holiday home in the Dordogne, website:

Holly, in France