electric garage shutter gubbed

Our roller garage door misbehaved recently closing fully and then partially opening up by a few inches. Turned out it was a feature of the sensor that detects when it is fully closed. The sensor is a small battery operated ci rcuit that is linked to a pressure sensor in the rubber seal on the bottom edge of the door and communicates with the main control unit by radio. When the batteries start to fail the behaviour mentioned in the opening sentenc e happens, changed the batteries and all is normal again.

Mind you getting the batteries was one issue and their price eye watering.

074QMH2DZ

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

It'll be interesting to see what your repair man has to say. I wouldn't have thought nylon would last long enough.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Lack of use ?, Thermal expansion jamming slidy bits

Reply to
Andrew

Do you use it to cure arthritis ?. Apparently some folks do :-)

Reply to
Andrew

I was told they almost never needed lubricant. Certainly I?ve not applied any to our door since it was installed (must be getting on for 10 years, certainly 8). I was told to watch for dirt etc collecting an causing problems but, if like us, the door is mostly shut, then dirt shouldn?t get into the garage to collect in the tracks. (Ours seems quite well sealed on the outside.)

I?d use PTFE lub rather than WD40, if I thought some was needed.

Reply to
Brian Reay