El cheapo 12/240 inverters and laptop smps's.

Anyone have experience of using these together? TIA.

Reply to
brass monkey

Dunno. I bought a 12 volt universal PS for my laptops which works with both of them in the car. Cost under 20 quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mine is fine.

Reply to
Clive George

I've used one with an IBM laptop. The fact that it was IBM, not Lenovo, does however tell you it wasn't last week.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I have, always been fine. A neater solution is to buy a car laptop power supply.

Reply to
AlanD

It depends on the PSU. Cheap ones (yes I'm looking at you Targus) can fail when used with "modified sine wave". Some others (Apple I'm looking at you) make alarming buzzing noises. Some (Dell, IBM, Samsung) don't seem to have a problem.

Given that sine wave inverters have dropped in price I would use one of those.

Reply to
Steve Firth