eBay Poster Required

I need someone who can post ads for me on eBay I will pay 70gbp per ads

Reply to
simontonymatthews

Post 'em yourself for much less. Unless you're banned by eBay, in which case, go forth and angage in sexual congress with yourself.

Reply to
John Williamson

At 70 pounds a time, this has to be much bigger scam than simply being banned

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Indeed. Wouldn't touch it with a proverbial bargepole.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Cash in advance?

10 adds per time?
Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Blimey, is that the going rate? I'm in a similar way, I cannot do ebay. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Could be like me he cannot use the interface due to a disability.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I doubt it. Not a lot of work posting an ad on Ebay, so offering 70 gbp is way OTT, if genuine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I expect what you do is set yourself up for people defrauding you - i.e. 'just gimme your bank account/paypal details and I'll transfer the money now'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's as may be, but I'm sure you have friends who would do it for free or a beer if it was a proper deal.

This smells very strongly of scam, especially as the poster is using a gmail account and has never posted here before now, according to the search I just did of his posting history.

He posted the same request on Home Owners Hub at about the same time

Reply to
John Williamson

Let me think how it could work.

You are offered £70 to post an advert. You post the advert. You are now responsible for the transaction and any fees. Some bids and "wins". They pay you. You are now responsible for fulfilling the contract. The "seller" tells you that you forward payment to them and they will send the goods and will pay you £70 on receipt of your payment.. You are still responsible for fulfilling the contract. The "seller" does not supply the goods. Angry buyer contacts you. Buyer demands a PayOpl refund. PayPal freeze your account and send money back to buyer. PayPal pay your fees to eBay.

You out of pocket.

Seller f***ed off, uncontactable, has your money. If you can't repay buyer, you guilty of fraud.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Um, isn't that just a mirror of what's posted here (uk.d-I-y)?

I think he's probably this chap.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Pretty unlikely I would have thought - why would a scammer (which all agreee this is) post using his real name?

Reply to
Lobster

So maybe he's not actually planning an eBay scam, just trying to make the guy whose name he's using look dodgy?

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Do u still need someone to post ads?

Reply to
jessica.tabone

Leaving aside questions arising from your own Rip Van Winkle posting, don't you think it strange that, although somebody is able to post articles to a newsgroup, they want to pay somebody else to create listings on Ebay (assuming that's what's meant by "ads")?

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Well-known scam, isn't it. Bargepole.

Reply to
newshound

It does seem quite obviously a scam, but what is the nature of the scam? Who is the target - the one who posts the "ads" or the ones who respond to those ads? Does the OP mean adverts (spam) or advertisements (dodgy products for sale) ?

Reply to
David in Normandy

I think a number of blind people need this service as the Ebay site is not blind friendly.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There must be better ways for them to find trustworthy people to buy/sell stuff on their behalf than appeal for random folks on the internet. They must have friends, relatives or contacts through support associations that can help. Presumably the blind person would have to give or expose their bank account or PayPal details to whoever did the eBay stuff for them.

Reply to
David in Normandy