Ebay browsing painfully slow

For a few months now I have suffered painfully slow browsing on ebay and it slows/stops other tabs of the browser (Firefox). Login seems to take a couple attempts to work as well - anyone else got similar problems?

I have the same at home on fast copper BB and on mobile BB, plus all PC's.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Always seems ok for me (using a chrome-ish browser) have you got any ad-blocking going on which might be preventing e.g. some scripts from their site loading?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes I had, but disabling the the blocker for ebay makes no difference at all. A full next page takes 40 seconds before I can begin to slide the page down, which also makes everyting else on the PC come to a stop.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Some of the eBay javascript stuff seems to clog Firefox, have you tried stopping and restarting the browser?

Reply to
Chris Green

Just tried it here using Firefox on VM - no problems.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Chris Green explained :

Yes and Java has just updated itself on this laptop.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Just FYI, java has nothing to do with javascript beyond the similar name.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Using firefox no problems here.

Reply to
ss

Java isn't (and has nothing to do with) javascript.

Reply to
Chris Green

Mainly use Chrome now, but had a spell using FF until recently. I normally find eBay one of the faster sites.

Reply to
newshound

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

I've been noticing that very often when I change a page on ebay, I get a really annoying pop up from AVG at bottom right of screen.

I wonder if that relates to this?

I usually use PaleMoon, so it's a slightly different version of FF.

Reply to
Bill

OK, look at the processor idling speed in power settings and speed it up. Laptops are notorious for this one, but some people just leave them set like this on desktops and it throttles the processor. Its meant to save battery of course on a laptop, but as it canslow lots of stuff down its false economy most of the time if you are an intense user or use it on mains.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Same here over the past few days. I find that refreshing the page after clicking a link speeds matters up.

I need to look into that, yes mostly on mains power.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Bill expressed precisely :

No, I use the Microsoft Windows Defender.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I have still no managed to isolate the cause, still desperately slow in Firefox, but using Microsoft Edge Ebay runs at full speed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

latest firefox is a complete heap of shit.

Mine hangs for 20 seconds on first load - longer than it takes me to boot the computer - and crashes any flash prograqm with a right mouse click.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher