Ebay browsing painfully slow

For a few months now I have suffered painfully slow browsing on ebay and it slows/stops other tabs of the browser (Firefox). Login seems to take a couple attempts to work as well - anyone else got similar problems?
I have the same at home on fast copper BB and on mobile BB, plus all PC's.
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Always seems ok for me (using a chrome-ish browser) have you got any ad-blocking going on which might be preventing e.g. some scripts from their site loading?
Andy Burns presented the following explanation :

Yes I had, but disabling the the blocker for ebay makes no difference at all. A full next page takes 40 seconds before I can begin to slide the page down, which also makes everyting else on the PC come to a stop.

Some of the eBay javascript stuff seems to clog Firefox, have you tried stopping and restarting the browser?
--
Chris Green
·

Chris Green explained :

Yes and Java has just updated itself on this laptop.
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Just FYI, java has nothing to do with javascript beyond the similar name.

Java isn't (and has nothing to do with) javascript.
--
Chris Green
·

OK, look at the processor idling speed in power settings and speed it up. Laptops are notorious for this one, but some people just leave them set like this on desktops and it throttles the processor. Its meant to save battery of course on a laptop, but as it canslow lots of stuff down its false economy most of the time if you are an intense user or use it on mains.
Brian
--
----- -
Brian Gaff wrote :

I need to look into that, yes mostly on mains power.
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Just tried it here using Firefox on VM - no problems.
On 13/08/2017 19:37, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Using firefox no problems here.

Nope, but I don't use firefox for ebay or for anything much.

On 8/13/2017 5:30 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Mainly use Chrome now, but had a spell using FF until recently. I normally find eBay one of the faster sites.

I've been noticing that very often when I change a page on ebay, I get a really annoying pop up from AVG at bottom right of screen.
I wonder if that relates to this?
I usually use PaleMoon, so it's a slightly different version of FF.
--
Bill

Bill expressed precisely :

No, I use the Microsoft Windows Defender.
On 13/08/2017 17:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Same here over the past few days. I find that refreshing the page after clicking a link speeds matters up.

After serious thinking Harry Bloomfield wrote :

I have still no managed to isolate the cause, still desperately slow in Firefox, but using Microsoft Edge Ebay runs at full speed.
On 17/08/17 04:16, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

latest firefox is a complete heap of shit.
Mine hangs for 20 seconds on first load - longer than it takes me to boot the computer - and crashes any flash prograqm with a right mouse click.