eBay auto fanatisism

I am currently finalising the sale of a piewce of equipment to a bidder woth whjom I have exchanged a few questions and answers.

Yesterday, in one reply I was a bit verbose rather thamn be abrupt and eBay wiped the message claiming it infringed hate speech rules!

So abrupt the replacement was :(

Reply to
pinnerite

Rod Speed

Its much worse on facebook.

There is an ongoing short videos thread where the author asks what you would do in a particular situation.

He posted a short video of one of their 'native americans' covered in feathers and porcupine quills and warpaint etc, doing one of their traditional stamping dances.

My responses was 'shoot the f*cker' with a smiley and got an instant 30 day term in the sin bin where I could countinue to read but not post at all.

Clearly the AI is f***ed by design.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I missed a comma after "So".

Grovelling.

Reply to
pinnerite

I just posted on next door about a waste company being somewhat moronic and was asked if the post needed to be reworded due to it looking like an abusive message. Obviously the sarcasm aspect of human language is lost on the smart bot in charge. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I suspect its tuned to those spam messages you often see with much meaningless text so it hides the scammer or advertisers message. I have sympathy with some companies, but on the other hand we all have the ability to just bypass the dross ,and all attempts to filter it using ai, are ultimately doomed to fail,either by blocking wanted stuff or letting through crap. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

You don't get those on facebook.

The problem on facebook is abusive posts.

Reply to
Rod Speed