DWalt DWE7485 8.25" Table saw problem.

I'm on a working holiday, using an electricians workshop I've done courses on Wadkin machinery, so I know the basic setup requirements for table saws but some of these modern power tools seem a bit tricky and fiddly. The owner of the machine is a very skilful guy in many ways and since there's a problem running timber through this saw without it becoming unpushable after about half way, he's happy to work with no riving knife or guard.

I'm not so keen.

I've tried refitting the blade and riving knife but the same sticking point occurs consistently. The fence seems well aligned so I can't fathom out the problem. Is this a known issue, with solutions on DWalt saws?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I don't know if the table to blade alignment is adjustable on those, but if that is out, it can causing binding.

Place a board in a T slot, and run a DTI on a stand along it to check that the gap to the blade is the same along the full width of the blade.

If that is ok, check the fence is also perpendicular to the blade. Check also that it is not using a thin kerf blade that is thinner than the riving knife.

Reply to
John Rumm

Id guess the rip fence is out of alignment

Reply to
fred

Yup quite possibly, but there are other possibilities like misaligned riving knife, or wrong thickness blade for the knife.

I expect the scope for adjustment of the table on a contractors saw is less than on a full size cabinet saw.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for the advice I'll check those things out.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Pay careful attention to anything that tends to pinch the work between the back of the blade and the fence, since that makes kickback much more likely, and it will be coming up and at you!

Reply to
John Rumm