DVD recorder - any good (YAAT)?

hook up to a Philips 28PWsomething and a Thomson DHD4000 (VCR too, if poss.).

Worth the loot?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Why don't you ask on the uk.media.home-cinema newsgroup? I'm sure you'll get a good response there.

R.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

Thank you for the suggestion.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Depends on how well it lasts. It's likely to work ok.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You might, but would anyone there have tried one yet? The problem with cheapies is not usually the actual performance, but the durability.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I bought one and was also hooked up to a Philips 28 inch widescreen, although the TV model is irrelevant, IMO. Good picture, lots of features and connections including DV in.

BUT...

- the company who make it for Tevion shoved the logo as the background for the menu - the white lettering of Tevion makes the recordings text totally unreadable. I'm sure you could sort this with a reflash of different software but it's a stupid mistake.

- when you turn the recorder on or just change a channel it flicks back and forth between your av channel and regular tv channel - this is the most irritating problem.

- Tevion include a composite connection cable, a DVD+RW etc but fail to include a poxy RF lead in the box so you can't even connect it up straight away! For me that wasn't a problem as I can knock one up in no time but your average punter isn't going to be impressed having to go out and buy one.

Don't buy any DVD recorder is my advice. Buy a Hard drive system.

Reply to
daddyfreddy