dust masks for spectacle wearers?

When it starts to get difficult to breath through is a good clue... (it won't necessarily let dust through, but it will slowly get blocked).

Reply to
John Rumm

Hello again,

Just to say that I wore the mask whilst painting undercoat. I know many people use the quick drying water based stuff but I still use the high VOC type, I'm sure I was once told it was better, but I forget why now. Am I missing out by not switching? Anyway, back to the point: I could not smell the paint whilst wearing the mask, nor could I smell the copious amounts of white spirits used to clean the brushes afterwards, so yes, it does indeed filter smells.

HTH

Reply to
Fred

I guess the high VOC stuff poenetrates the wood more deeply.

Yup they work well for that. Also pretty good when having to deal with other unpleasant niffs. I remember having to wear it once to deal with the results of a technicolour yawn on a shag pile carpet!

Reply to
John Rumm