Durafix Easyweld

Anyone any experience of repairing aluminium tubing with this stuff? I have some cracks in a 2" aluminium tube seam and wondered if this was suitable over the more conventional tig welding.

Reply to
Eddy

I've used a similar product from Machine Mart, and it does work provided you clean the surfaces very thoroughly and get the workpiece hot enough.

I can't vouch for the strength of the weld, because I used it on a very lightly stressed component.

Reply to
Grunff

I'll be interested to know if you try, because I have some sitting in my "That looks useful" box waiting for an application!

Reply to
Newshound

Sorry chickened out - used a tig welder instead - better to be safe than sorry! Eddy

Reply to
Eddy