dumb quickie Q - lockshields

Which way do you turn `em to open / close ?

clockwise to close (restrict) flow anti-clockwise to open (increase) flow ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Yes!

Reply to
Lobster

Same as a standard tap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Colin Wilson wrote in news:MPG.1bf5d91f78f7c8098a9e8 @news.individual.net:

Yes

It's also worth remembering that they only control the flow over about

1-1/2 or 2 turns max.

After this yrear's refurbishment I found my index rad - the one with the highest temperature drop with all valves wide open, left the lockshield on that wide open and screwed all the others down to one turn.

Got me damn close to right in one hit - after last years agonising, and forgetting to leave that index rad valve wide open, I'd do it this way every time.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

mike

Reply to
mike ring