Dulux Once Gloss - any point in trying to get a good result?

Hi folks,
I bought some Dulux Once paint, because it was the nearest match to the colour I needed (even closer then the custom mixed stuff oddly), vaguely thinking that it would be a benefit to only have to give one coat. Of course, although it's extremely gloopy, it doesn't cover in one and runs and sags if you try to put enough on. I knew it was going to turn out badly but somehow I never seem to learn....
Anyway, now I'm committed and I have given the piece (a flat expanse of plywood, primed, undercoated and rubbed down) 2 coats and nearly covered it, so the (hopefully) last coat should go on over the weekend. Normally, I would rub down carefully and put a light coat on with a fine brush to try to get the best result but I'm not convinced either that this will be hard enough to rub down 3 days after the second coat (because it's so thick), nor that a light coat is even possible, unless I thin it with something (no idea what would be best - I'm guessing white spirit - any suggestions?).
So the question is, has anyone found a way to get a decent finish with this 'orrible stuff, or should I just slap enough of it on to get the colour and hope nobody ever looks too closely at the result?
All the best G
GMM wrote:

Used this stuff today on a window which I'd undercoated yesterday - it's shit of the highest order - it's dried as flat as a witches tit and as you say, it has the consistency of dairylea - never again
--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

Ahh...the analogy I've been groping for - Dairylea describes the consistency perfectly ! Doubtless someone will be along in a moment to say it's more like Laughing Cow......
GMM wrote:

turps.

You can thin it down lots with white spirit, and it is astonishing how it still manages to set again in the tin afterwards.
I find a good rule of thumb with paint is to feel the weight of the tin. The heavier the better, and heavy and runny together is best.