Dry Walling advice

I am in the process of dry walling my mancave. So far I have taped all the joints and applied a second layer on all the joints with a curved trowel. I have noticed that the second coat has brought up a few bubbles in the tape I think I had the initial taping mix a bit too stiff only found out later that it should have been a bit sloppier.

Before I apply the third and final smoothing coat I am looking for advice regards the bubbles. My initial idea is to run a sharp blade along the crest of each bubble and squeeze a bit of PVA in. Alternatively I could mix up a sloppy mix of filler and trowel it flat.

Any ideas what you do to bubbled tape?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

The Vancover Carpenter has lots of advice and videos on drywall/plasterboard

alan_m

i'd just cut out anything proud

Reply to
Animal