Dry silicone spray?

I'm told I need this to free our new sash windows, but none of the local hardware shops knows what it is. Can anyone suggest the name of a brand, please?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

I've come accross dry ptfe spay - RS probably stock it, but not silicone

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

a plumbers merchant as its used for push fit drainage pipes or a car accessory shop where its used to shine vinyl trim in cars.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That should work, I use it for all sorts of jobs which reminds me the car window rubbers need lubricating :-)

HLAH

Rub a candle or a dry bar of soap in the window jams, cheaper and will do the job.

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

Or a fabric / curtain shop where they sell it - to spray on curtain track rails !

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

message

But it AIN'T dry !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It ain't really wet either!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Spraying with pledge or another household silicon based polish will do a good job too. Calum Sabey (NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)

Reply to
calums

I have in front of me what might be your answer.

It is labelled as 'BICC a product of Jointing Systems Division. Prescot, Merseyside L34 5SZ.'

It describes itself as a 'silicone compound colloidal suspension'.

I have done a quick google, but drawn a blank. Though I can't see a company that is this big dropping this product.

HTH

Dave

Reply to
Dave

BICC have all but gone in Prescot, only the Prysmian Rollers division remains (I drive past their former site on the way to Tesco)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Ah! That explains the failed Google then.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You might have some luck with a cable jointing supplier, such as InterNet Services (think there's one in Bootle, Merseyside)

Reply to
Colin Wilson