Drilling semi spheres

I'm looking for an "easy" way of "drilling" concave holes (semi spheres) in wood.

They are for decorative purposes, will be various sizes but not greater than half the thickness of the wood (ie 30mm thick

Reply to
Stuart McKears

You could use a plunge router with radius bits, but the bits aren't going to be cheap or easy to find in the larger sizes.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yup a router, with some bits like this:

you want a cheap and scabby machine just for this one off job then any of the basic catalogue fooder will do the trick. e.g.:

you want a decent one to keep then perhaps something like:

info on routers can be found here:

John Rumm

I thought there might be a router cutters but couldn't find the right terminology.

I'm having a not very bright day.

Thanks again

regards

Stuart