Dried on cement

I've got a fairly new(about (1.5-2 years old) wall which I did not clean up (properly) after building it . The bricks are now white I guess from the cement residue. I recently tried brick cleaner but this did not help, It is possible to get this residue off now, and if so how ?
Thanks
Hi
Sounds more like effervescence than cement residue, especially if brick cleaner didn't shift it.
http://tinyurl.com/ajanq
Reccommends brushing or just leaving it until it goes.
Dave

Efflorescence.
1. The deposit that results from the process of efflorescing. Also called bloom. 2. The process of efflorescing. 3. A growth of salt crystals on a surface caused by evaporation of salt-laden water.
Not "effervescence", which is fizzing ...
Hi Huge

I stand corrected. This computer can't spell!
Dave
I assume this is made worse by the fact that the bricks are used to hold earth back, and therefore constantly subject to water.

weekendhobby wrote:

sounds like salt. Should clear on its own in time. Brushing should make it go quicker if theres enough of it to brush some off.
NT
weekendhobby wrote:

I am surprised that brick _acid_ didn't clear it.
Does mine.
But if its a salt other than insoluble carbonates, just water will get it off.
Pressure wash it.