Dried on cement

I've got a fairly new(about (1.5-2 years old) wall which I did not clean up (properly) after building it . The bricks are now white I guess from the cement residue. I recently tried brick cleaner but this did not help, It is possible to get this residue off now, and if so how ?

Thanks

Reply to
weekendhobby

Hi

Sounds more like effervescence than cement residue, especially if brick cleaner didn't shift it.

brushing or just leaving it until it goes.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

sounds like salt. Should clear on its own in time. Brushing should make it go quicker if theres enough of it to brush some off.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Efflorescence.

  1. The deposit that results from the process of efflorescing. Also called bloom. 2. The process of efflorescing. 3. A growth of salt crystals on a surface caused by evaporation of salt-laden water.

Not "effervescence", which is fizzing ...

Reply to
Huge

I assume this is made worse by the fact that the bricks are used to hold earth back, and therefore constantly subject to water.

Reply to
weekendhobby

I am surprised that brick _acid_ didn't clear it.

Does mine.

But if its a salt other than insoluble carbonates, just water will get it off.

Pressure wash it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi Huge

I stand corrected. This computer can't spell!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang