Down to earth - can you identify tonight's mystery switch gear?

Ah! I had misunderstood the earthing arrangement. Couple of points though...

You say their main problem is nuisance tripping, yet I have observed that happen very rarely. Compared to RCDs they look like angels in this respect. The RCD is vastly inferior when it comes to nuisance trips.

As far as safety goes, v-ELCBs may not add a danger but they are so inferior to RCDs that they do represent a risk relative to an RCD protected TT system. TT systems are somewhat different to well earthed ones, and do need some extra protection because of this. And a v-elcb only goes so far in this respect.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Yes, I thought it said something like that. It doesn't actually explicitly ban the use of a single device, just asks you to consider the consequences. However, I got the impression that this had been recently reinterpreted to effectively ban an overall non-time delayed RCD.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle