Emergency Lighting / Lighting Wiring problem

Hi, anyone got any ideas?

Basically have a small rental place with emergency lighting which comes on when the power goes, etc etc.

Its closed down being done up, and I changed a bunch of lights with new fittings, followed the old wiring convention and wired it up in the same way. There several loops, so at each light point there are

1-4 cables, each with a earth live and neutral.

I did my lights fine, and some muppet neighbour came in to do the few remaining.

Basically he got to a fitting where there are 5 cables coming down, linking to other rooms and the emergency light, never kept track of what went where, and now the emergency light next to it stays off, as well as I think four other lights.

At the moment there is the live cable which is always on which I have hooked a light fitting to, is there any easy way to figure out how the other 4 cables should be wired up?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
sukh