Douible glazing: How to remove a Saracen shootbolt lock?

Hi again,

The window I wish to install has a Saracen 'high security' shootbolt lock. I need to remove it and reinstall it upside-down, because I want to install the window upside-down (due to the way I want the casement to open). If I simply leave the lock as it is, the handle would be pointing upwards when t he window is locked.

Can anyone tell me how to remove one of these locks? Here is a video about the lock I'm referring to:

Do I need some kind of ultra-long box-spanner or something to remove the ba yonet-fit shootbolts from the gearbox? You can't get to them easily because they are deep inside the fame. You can't simply grip the visible ends of t he shootbolts and turn those, because they *screw into" the section that ba yonet-fits into the gearbox. Turning the visible ends, merely adjusts the a mount of protrusion from the casement frame when you lock the window. (If y ou unscrew them completely, they come out, but the section that bayonet-fit s onto the gearbox remains in place.

Many thanks,

Al

Reply to
trancenotes1776

PS: This link shows a photo and diagrams of the lock in question:

Al

Reply to
trancenotes1776