double socket change to single socket plus spur for disposal unit

I'm sure I've replied to that one (Dial House?) 01-Jun-2013, 19:53 in my Sent folder.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Yup if you convert the spur into a fused one, there is no limit as such.

The case of extending a single spur, one could argue that if the cable as installed has its full current rating (~27A for 2.5mm^2 T&E on surface or in plaster), then you could limit the maximum load by design to under that by fusing your spur for the waste disposal at 3A and counting the socket at a notational 20A.

(in reality you could pretty much ignore the WD since it will likely be a very short term load)

Reply to
John Rumm

Would you care to cite the reference?

Reply to